Re: slapcat error

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
And are you sure that's the slapd.conf used by your running process? I don't see how slapd could be running with valid data with all the database files missing. If they were somehow rm -f'd, I'd use ldapsearch with both regular & operational attrs to get a dump before it loses any more data.

--Quanah

that is the only slapd.conf on my system and I'm using the fedora provided RPMs for openldap so it has to be loading it. also, updatedb && locate id2index.dbd returns no results.

ahh thanks, totally forgot about that. I ran ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us' '(objectclass=*)' > /root/backup-ldapsearch.ldif

I think that got everything from looking at /root/backup-ldapsearch.ldif. do you think I need to run anything else to get any other information from the directory? So what do you think I should do now? stop slapd, run slapindex, and see if it regenerates the files? and if that fails, delete /var/lib/ldap/*, start slapd, and ldapadd -D "cn=Manager,dc=mdah,dc=state,dc=ms,dc=us" -w
xxxxxxxxxxxxx -x -v -f root/backup-ldapsearch.ldif and keep my fingers crossed?