Re: "make test" hangs indefinitely

--On Wednesday, December 03, 2008 1:27 PM -0800 Drew Leske <dleske@uvic.ca> wrote:

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked and answered already.  I did a number of
searches for this problem and found nothing.

When I build OpenLDAP it hangs on "make test".  This has happened on two
separate hosts, one AMD64 running Gentoo and the other a CentOS 5
distribution running on Intel.  I am trying to build OpenLDAP 2.4.13
(have also tried 2.4.12) against BDB 4.7.25.

BDB is built with a specific prefix and that's all: /usr/local/db-4.7.25.
It builds without error or hiccup but unfortunately there is no test
target.

Did you apply both patches to BDB 4.7.25? It will not work if you don't have them both. See ITS#5844.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer