Re: ASN.1 BER tag that is corrupt

Ivan Rodriguez writes:
> however when we try to search in the directory any directory with different
> releases we got this message in the server side:
>
> Client request contains an ASN.1 BER tag that is corrupt or connection
> aborted

Is this an OpenLDAP server?  I don't think that is an OpenLDAP message.
Though it could come from the TLS/SSL library or something.

In any case, maybe you are trying to talk TLS to the LDAP port or LDAP
to the LDAPS port, like this "ldaps://foo:389" or "ldap://foo:636";.

If that's not it, what is the exact command line/host config/whatever
which the client does, and what (LDAP) URLs are the server listening to?

--
Hallvard