Re: Question to meta-backend / ldap-backend

Wilhelm Meier <wilhelm.meier@fh-kl.de> writes:

> Hi,
> I think this is a relative simple question but I did not use the
> meta/ldap-backend before.
> We have an openldap-server for user authentification. The user bind as
> uid=<user>,ou=Benutzer,dc=kmux,dc=de
> where <user> is the actual username.
> We have a diffent application where only users of a special
> posixGroup "Archiv" should be valid. The application is not capable
> of doing some sort of filtering.
> So, I thought it must be passoble to do this filtering with the meta
> or ldap-backup using the original ldap-db:
> the filter should look like:
> (&(cn=Archiv)(memberUid=<user>)(objectClass=posixGroup))
> where <user> is the username as above.

You don't provide an example of the applications searchstring, so
only as a general hint, the rewrite engine of back-ldap, back-meta or
back-relay might meet your requirements, man slapo-rwm(5), man
slapd-meta(5), slapd-relay(5) provide some information.

Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung