From: Pierangelo Masarati [mailto:ando@sys-net.it]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:53 AM
To: Navaneetha Subramanian
Cc: openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: Re: openLDAP paged response problem

Navaneetha Subramanian wrote:
> Thanks for all you input.
> Trying the ldapsearch with -E pr(paged result) command gives the same
> error
>
> DB2-95-02:~ # ldapsearch -E '!pr=10' -x -h 10.217.94.154 -b
> "dc=openldap,dc=dev,dc=net6,dc=com" -s sub '(objectclass=person)' dn
> # extended LDIF
> #
> # LDAPv3
> # base <dc=openldap,dc=dev,dc=net6,dc=com> with scope subtree
> # filter: (objectclass=person)
> # requesting: dn
> # with pagedResults critical control: size=10
> #
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 53 Server is unwilling to perform
> text: critical control unavailable in context
>
> Following is listing from slapd.conf file

<...>

> database        ldbm

ldbm does not support paged results.  Note that this is not the only,
nor the main reason for avoiding the use of back-ldbm.  You should use
back-bdb or back-hdb, possibly with a recent version of OpenLDAP.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA