Re: Translucent overlays & replication.

----- "Howard Chu" <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

> Gavin Henry wrote:
> >> Not "surely"; the envisioned use case was a small departmental
> server
> >>
> >> customizing a small amount of data mastered by a main server.
> >> Replication was
> >> never a requirement in the original spec.
> >
> > Which isn't to say it's not possible, as anything is possible with
> software, right?
> >
> > File a RFE?
> >
> Yes, anything's possible with software. But first you have to clearly
> specify
> exactly what it should do, and why. At the moment I'm not sure I
> understand
> the present use case, or why it's a good one (I suspect there's a
> better
> approach but don't have enough details yet to say).

Exactly. John, if you can provide your intended use case?

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.