Re: Extending Schema

Peter Clark wrote:
> I am using openldap 2.4.11 and I am trying to add an attribute for "Date
> of Birth" for each user.

Think carefully about the format you want to use. There are several
definitions for such attributes. I'm using YYYY-MM-DD today since it's
ISO 8601 and more human-readable.

> While looking at these two and the Schema Specification in the handbook
> I have gotten rather confused. Could I just drop one of these into file
> named local.schema (for example) add that path to the schema section of
>  the slapd.conf and use it or is there more to it?

Yes. You also have to define a new object class to hold this attribute
or extend an existing custom object class.

Ciao, Michael.