Compilation on OpenVMS

Good Morning,

I am currently involved in an investigation to start using OpenLDAP on OpenVMS within our company. Part of this investigation has been digging through the mail lists, I find that there were some questions about compilation on OpenVMS back between 2000 and 2003. Since then it appears to have gone quiet.

At the end of the initial questions there was no definitive answer that I was able to find for the following questions:
Has anyone successfully compiled OpenLDAP on OpenVMS, the release 2.4 is preferred?
An additional question is that since OpenVMS is in the config.guess file is this a start point or does it mean that compilation is supported out of the box?

Thanks
Michael Senn