Re: syncrepl binds with no password

Gavin Henry wrote:
----- "Bill Whiting" <textux@bellsouth.net> wrote:

I'm trying to setup a simple replication.
I configured syncrepl in the consumer to use the user syncuser to
access the master ldap but when it connects to the master it does not send
the password for syncuser, so the master errors with:

    unauthenticated bind (DN with no password) disallowed

Here's the replication definition in the consumer:

syncprov-checkpoint 100 10
syncrepl rid=000
provider=ldap://192.168.77.218
type=refreshOnly
interval=00:00:02:00
retry="5 5 300 +"
searchbase="dc=idi-test,dc=com"
attrs=*
bindmethod=simple
binddn="uid=syncuser,ou=People,dc=idi-test,dc=com"
credentials={SHA}jHXtTHIeoSUGGge0YOB5dJQeXf4=

credentials contains the unencrypted password.
Thanks, that corrected the no password problem.
The consumer is replicating.

//Bill