Re: slapcat and BDB transaction-logs

2008/8/15 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>

--On August 15, 2008 1:51:37 PM +0200 tamarin p <tamarinp@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm trying to migrate a directory from OpenLDAP 2.3.x to an OpenLDAP
2.4.11 test installation.
My problem is with the backend transaction logs, though. These are
chucked out at a rate of approximately one per minute until the disk runs
out of space.

What flags are you using to slapadd?  What version of BDB is your openldap build linked against?  It's certainly worked for me to clean up the transaction logs while slapadding.

For BDB, slapd_db_stat2.4 -V says: Berkeley DB 4.6.21: (September 27, 2007).

For the flags to slapadd, haven't tried any other flags than -l to specify the ldif, and also -f to specify a slapd.conf to make sure it was using the slapd.conf I thought it was.

One other thing I noticed is that OpenLDAP itself seems to clean up just fine. I tried this by running ldapadd against a running slapd instead of using slapadd. The set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE seems to be working here, because there are never more than 2-3 log files at any moment.