Multi Master doesn't replicate everything

I have gotten two boxes setup in multi master and was loading up my test
data when I noticed everything isn't being replicated.

In particular the entire ou=idmap tree is being sent, but not recorded.
When I put slapd into debug I can see the system receiving the entire
tree, but it doesn't seem to be trying to insert it into the database.

After it pulls the data over I get an error

do_syncrep2:
cookie=rid=001,sid=002,csn=20080807221724.788347Z#000000#001#000000
do_syncrep2: rid=001 CSN too old, ignoring
20080807221724.788347Z#000000#001#000000
ldap_msgfree

Which is telling me the entry is being flagged as older than it should
be for getting transferred over.  Slapd is doing the efficient thing and
skipping entries that /should/ be on the other system already.  My
problem is that it isn't on the other system.

I realize that the replication work is done off of the UUID and CSN, but
about 30% of my replication test came back with the CSN too old message.
I am just sort of wondering, is there a way to have openldap say, "Hey,
I realize this CSN is old and everything, but this is a dn on the one of
us that isn't on the other."  Is there something I can do to bulk update
the CSNs (fully expecting downtime and horrid performance as loads of
needless replications happen)?  From my perspective, I would rather have
rather horrid performance and a trustworthy mirror than it run like a
dream and not have my trust.

OpenLDAP 2.4.11

Pat