Re: Authenticated users can create new entries but then only creator can modify entry

----- "fathi engineer" <fathi.engineer@gnet.tn> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the proccess of setting up an openldap server as a pgp key server,
> I want to grant access to every authenticated user to create a new
> entry in a subtree of the basedn and every body to read entries in
> that subtree but only creator to be able to modify his entries.
>
> I tried with the following (unsuccessfully):
>
> access to dn.children="ou=PGP Keys,o=SNCFT,c=TN"
>        by dn.regex="^uid=([^,]+),(ou=[^,]+,)+ou=Users,o=SNCFT,c=TN$"
> selfwrite
>        by dn.regex="^uid=([^,]+),ou=Users,o=SNCFT,c=TN$" write
>        by * read
>
> and also
>        by dnattr=owner selfwrite
>        by users write
>        by * read
>
> but none worked.
>
> I am running openldap-2.3.27-8.el5_2.4

Did you read slapd.access(5)?  Did you read the requirements for the add and modify operations?  You need to add access to "entry" to allow entry addition; you need to add access to attributes to allow their modification.  And "owner" is a specific attribute of some objectClasses; unless you're creating those objects with the correct "owner" value, the creator will not be able to write them.  You should use

        by dnattr=creatorsName write

The "self" is not needed; it refers to a user writing to a target corresponding to its own name, or to an attribute whose value consists in its own name.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.