Re: effective rights, was: Determine current access level

> While using the noop control may be helpful for checking whether an entry
> could be deleted (or another all-or-nothing operation) it's not helpful to
> determine which attributes may be modified.
>
> I'm really curious to know what you really want to achieve.

Acl's at attribute-level are unimportant for me. I plan to develop a
gui which helps to maintain some entries in an (open)ldap directory.
For example, the application should show a delete button if a had
"effectiveRights" to delete the specified entry.

Regards
Simon.