Re: effective rights, was: Determine current access level

----- "Simon Victor" <simon@victornet.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > What about trying to modify/delete it with the noop control?
>
> that is a good tip, thank you at all. i will try to implement this,
> but i think this is some kind of "hack" anyway. additionally i will
> check if a solution with the aci's is also possible.
>
> googling around i've found a control named "effective rights":
> https://opends.dev.java.net/public/standards/draft-ietf-ldapext-acl-model.txt
>
> is this supported by openldap?

No.  But there's this <http://www.openldap.org/its/?findid=4730>.  It's a contrib overlay that provides some information about accessibility.  As expected, the information it can gather is not guaranteed to be correct, it's a best guess.  As I already said, the only possibility to determine access rights consists in trying.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.