From: Buchan Milne [mailto:bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 8:39 AM
To: Worgan, Craig (BVW:9T16)
Cc: openldap-software@openldap.org
Subject: Re: BDB 4.3 instability

I'm going to assume that your "vendor" is Red Hat, and that you are
running
RHEL5 (based on the package version you supplied). It would really help
to provide this kind of information up-front when you are asking
specifically about "platform" issues.

1)Red Hat is not going to upgrade/downgrade db4 to 4.2 or 4.4 or 4.5 on
RHEL5.

2)There is no reason why you should need to upgrade the system db4
package to build OpenLDAP, as evidenced by:

http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/rhel5/openldap/x86_64/

(the 2.3 packages ship an internal db-4.2.52.6 or so, and the 2.4
packages ship an internal 4.6)

Regards,
Buchan