From: Buchan Milne [mailto:bgmilne@staff.telkomsa.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 4:50 AM
To: openldap-software@openldap.org
Cc: Worgan, Craig (BVW:9T16)
Subject: Re: BDB 4.3 instability

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 01:21:57 Craig Worgan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know the specifics of the instability of BDB 4.3 (see
> http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/44.html)?  I run OpenLDAP on a
> RedHat platform that ships with BDB 4.3

But, does the OpenLDAP package on that "platform" (would you not prefer
to provide a version instead?) actually link to the system BDB 4.3 ?

$ rpm -q openldap-servers
openldap-servers-2.2.13-4

$ rpm -qR openldap-servers|grep db-4
libslapd_db-4.2.so

$ rpm -q --whatprovides libslapd_db-4.2.so
openldap-servers-2.2.13-4

So, it's linked to an internal copy of 4.2. BDB version may not be your
biggest problem.

BTW: http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/rhel4/openldap/

Regards,
Buchan