[Date Prev][Date Next]
slapd dies immediately with signal 9
I'm in the process of compiling/installing OpenLDAP 2.3.39 for Solaris
10 with OpenSSL 0.9.8g and BDB 4.5.20 as underlying libraries.
What I've accomplished so far:
- Built BDB 4.5.20, installed openssl 0.9.8g (SMCossl)
- Got through with OpenLDAP installation (all steps from "configure"
via "make depend", "make", "make test" to "make install") without any
The problem I encounter:
- I'm trying to start slapd as "root" (with -u and -g to a technical
user) and it dies immediately with just "Killed" as the sole error
- If I'm executing ldd against my slapd binary it goes: "ldd: ./slapd:
execution failed due to signal 9"
- Similar problem with truss: "truss: cannot execute program: ./slapd"
When doing the above tries I had the environment set as follows:
and slapd/slurpd look like:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root other 3631552 Jul 22 08:32 slapd
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root other 745236 Jul 22 08:32 slurpd
slapd doesn't even get a chance to write into its log, so I'm really
not having many clues.
Does anyone have any clues as to what slapd is suffering from ?