Mirror Mode

Hi,
	I am trying to configure OpenLDAP in mirror mode.

	From what I understood, the documentation suggests having two
servers configured in mirror mode, plus a set of replicas. (As shown in
the diagram at the end of the page at
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#Configuring%20the%2
0different%20replication%20types)

	The documentation suggests that the backend LDAP module can be
used as the load balancer. Nevertheless the documentation is missing the
sections on configuring this module.
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/backends.html#LDAP

	a) I am assuming the replicas are just read-only replicas.
Right?
	b) If a client requires to write to the directory, how are these
request forwarded to the active mirror?
	c) Does anyone knows how to configure the LDAP backend to act as
a proxy?
	d) Is mirror mode mature? Is it ready for production use?

	Any help or pointers are appreciated.

-Jorge