Mirror Mode

	I am trying to configure OpenLDAP in mirror mode.

	From what I understood, the documentation suggests having two
servers configured in mirror mode, plus a set of replicas. (As shown in
the diagram at the end of the page at

	The documentation suggests that the backend LDAP module can be
used as the load balancer. Nevertheless the documentation is missing the
sections on configuring this module.

	a) I am assuming the replicas are just read-only replicas.
	b) If a client requires to write to the directory, how are these
request forwarded to the active mirror?
	c) Does anyone knows how to configure the LDAP backend to act as
a proxy?
	d) Is mirror mode mature? Is it ready for production use?

	Any help or pointers are appreciated.