[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: slapd replication (push based)
- To: "Martin Simovic" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: slapd replication (push based)
- From: "Gavin Henry" <ghenry@OpenLDAP.org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:53:51 +0100 (BST)
- Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Openpgp: id=796B1E87DB73BEA8
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <48639440.6050003@OpenLDAP.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.13-1.fc8
> Yes, it's really messy.
Thanks, I know.
> actually my desperate need for this made me overcome my laziness.
> i compiled the slapd from source, run the tests, immediately after the
> test045 copied the slapd.1. ...slapd.3.conf files. this made me
> understand what is really going on there.
> my understanding is that i need to run two instances of slapd on master
> (master + proxy) proxy is pulling down changes from master and stores
> them in it's backend (ldap backend pointing to slave server) all the
> rest is question of acl's.
> can you correct me please, if i'm wrong.
> trying to implement it right now.
You can do it in one slapd configuration/instance.
OpenLDAP Engineering Team.
Community developed LDAP software.