Re: ldapmodify problems

Jason Gerfen wrote:
Appreciated. I tried to google for this information but could not find it.

Ok well it looks like I needed the -x operation for plaintext authentication which seems to be working ok.

Here is the command I am using now:
%>  ldapmodify -v -x -f .UID2SID/modify-06.23.2008-mclame.ldif -h domain
-D username -w password

Here is the ldif file:
dn: CN=mclame mclame,CN=Users,DC=domain
changetype: modrdn
newrdn: CN=mclame,CN=Users,DC=domain
deleteoldrdn: 1

And here is the error I am recieving:
ldap_initialize( ldap://domain )
modifying rdn of entry "CN=mclame mclame,CN=Users,DC=domain"
          new RDN: "CN=mclame,CN=Users,DC=domain" (do not keep existing
values)
rename completed
ldapmodify: Naming violation (64)
          additional info: 00000057: LdapErr: DSID-0C090987, comment:
Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0, vece

Any assistance is appreciated.

Hint: learn the difference between a DN and an RDN.

Jon Roberts wrote:
When seeking help on OSS, you should include the versions of the
software you are using and the error output at a minimum.

Jason Gerfen wrote:
I am having a problem with the following command:
ldapmodify -n -v -h DOMAIN -D "CN=DOMAINADMIN" -w DOMAINADMINPASS -f
.UID2SID/modify-06.19.2008-mclame.ldif

I am not sure why this is but if anyone could give me some pointers
on the ldapmodify command I would appreciate it.
Look at the LDIF modification examples in RFC 2849.

The contents of the modify-06.19.2008-mclame.ldif

dn: CN=mclame mclame,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com
changetype: modify
modify: dn cn msSFUName unixHomeDirectory msSFUHomeDirectory
uidNumber gidNumber loginShell
There is no basis in LDIF for this last line that I know of.

dn: CN=mclame,CN=Users,DC=domain,DC=com
This is not how you change the dn of an entry. Read about "changetype:
modrdn".

cn: mclame
cn: mclame
What is the point of having duplicate values here?

msSFUName: mclame
unixHomeDirectory: /home/mclame
msSFUHomeDirectory: /home/mclame

Again, you probably need to spend some quality time with RFC 2849 and
any other resources you have on LDIF.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com

--