Re: Seems I do not understand the ssf entries..... either that or something a bit more strange.

--On June 12, 2008 5:01:28 PM -0500 Pat Riehecky <prieheck@iwu.edu> wrote:

From the doc ( http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/security.html )
-----------------
security controls disallow operations when appropriate protections are
not in place. For example:

security ssf=1 update_ssf=112

In an ideal world I would like security update_ssf=128 simple_bind=112
to be working (force 3DES or better for a bind, for AES or better for an
update), but I will settle for what must I do to make the documented
example work for me?

Build your own OpenLDAP linked against OpenSSL, and use a strong key for generating the cert used by OpenLDAP.

I also suggest searching the OpenLDAP-devel archives as to why using GnuTLS is considered harmful.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer