Re: Adding additional schema - objectClass: value #1 invalid per syntax

Howard Chu wrote:
Aaron Richton wrote:
I added the following to my schema directory:
dn: cn=schema
attributeTypes: ( NAME 'sudoUser' DESC 'User(s) who
may run sudo' EQUALITY caseExactIA5Match SUBSTR caseExactIA5SubstringsMatch
and referenced it in slapd.conf as:
include         /etc/openldap/schema/sudoers.schema

This looks like you're mixing a classic config file and a back-config configuration. My guess is you need to include sudoers.schema using back-config.

It's not the correct syntax for either cn=config or slapd.conf. Remember that in 2.3 and earlier, invalid keywords in slapd.conf are silently ignored...

Many good answers, for which I'm thankful...

The problem turns out to be a syntax error, not in the attributes but in
the object class:

Resolved by changing

objectClasses: ( ...

objectClass ( ...