[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Use wildcard on ipHostNumber and gidNumber attribute
- To: Thibaut VdK <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Use wildcard on ipHostNumber and gidNumber attribute
- From: Jon Roberts <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:06:16 -0600
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.6-1.1.fc4 (X11/20050720)
Thibaut VdK wrote:
I'm using OpenLDAP 2.3.3 (debian etch package).
Assuming this isn't a typo, 2.3.3 is an old release and early in the 2.3
branch. Upgrading to 2.3.42 would be a good idea.
I know that I can't use a wildcard on a
ipHostNumber attribut because it don't have SUBSTR MatchingRules. So i
try to change my nis.scema like this :
It is not advisable to change standard schema. You may want to use a
different or custom attribute instead of changing an accepted one.
But, the seach always return any results.
The first thing to ask: did you re-index or re-load the data after
changing the schema? If not, your search will not work. See the
If that definitely is not the problem, then for debugging it is better
to include at a minimum the actual search command, the resulting output,
an LDIF representation of the data you should find, and information from
your slapd configuration.
(Sorry for my english)
Seems fine, actually.