Dynamic view

Hello.

We are using OpenLDAP for user authentication. Now we want to reuse the
data for internal address books. My problem is that not all records should
be shown in the address books.

Just as an example, I might want to hide all records that have
(active=FALSE).
Adding the search constraint to every e-mail client is not suitable, as
the constraints will probably change over time.

I imagine having a virtual DN for address books, containing dynamic data
filtered according to my configuration. From reading the documentation, it
seems that an overlay would be the thing to use for this, but I have been
unable to find a suitable overlay. Does one exist? Or should I approach
this differently?

Thanks,
Anders.