Limit slapd memory usage on Windows?

Title: Limit slapd memory usage on Windows?

Is there a way to limit slapd's memory usage on Windows?  I ask because we want to use OpenLDAP on memory-constrained systems.  We're having performance problems that occur when other applications start and they need the memory used by slapd.  A lot of page-swapping occurs and performance suffers as a result.

I've tried to set a very small cachesize in slapd.conf and a very small cache size in DB_CONFIG.  However, those settings only decrease the initial memory usage by slapd.  When I add a single entry, slapd's memory usage increases from 66 MB to 110 MB.  When I add 100 more entries, slap's memory usage increases to 276 MB.  Even when I disable all indexes, the memory usage is still similar. (The memory usage numbers I state are the combination of slapd's private bytes and virtual bytes as reported by the Windows Performance tool.)  Is there some way to tell slapd not to use more than X MB of memory even if it's available in order to avoid future page swaps?

Note that I'm running OpenLDAP 2.3.39 with BDB 4.4.20 on Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2.
---
Kyle Blaney
Software Engineer, System Management
Nortel Networks