smbk5pwd crash for missing symbol

Hello list(s).

I'm having a crash as soon as I attempt to change my password when smbk5pwd is activating. strace shows an unresolved symbol in smbk5pwd.so: _kadm5_free_keys

Heimdal source code shows this function is defined in libkadm5srv.so (/usr/lib/libkadm5srv.so.8.0.1) for heimdal 1.1. But this seems to be a private symbol, as objdump -T doesn't list it. Looking at heimdal Makefile.am, it seems a special configuration file is used (lib/krb5/version-script.map) to filter exported symbols, if linker support the use of -Wl,--version-script option. I couldn't find any description of this option.

Is this possible smbk5pwd author would have by mistake used a private function, only working because he build heimdal on a host whose linker doesn't support --version-script option ?

I'm using heimdal 1.1 and openldap 2.4.8 on mandriva linux.

--
Guillaume Rousse
Moyens Informatiques - INRIA Futurs