Re: Unexpected crash

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:55 PM -0400 Francis Swasey
<Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu>  wrote:

How many threads does the master slapd have available to it?  Also, how
much of a cache do you have defined for syncprov and the accesslog db?
The master has the default of 16 threads (ie, I don't specify the threads
keyword in the slapd.conf file).

As for the cache for syncprov and accesslog db, I am not certain of what
you are asking for.  I don't have any "cache" type statements for either
of them in the slapd.conf file and I'm not setting syncprov-sessionlog
either.

You definitely should have a syncprov-sessionlog setting (syncprov cache). It'll help with anything except ADD ops.

No, the syncprov-sessionlog is totally superfluous when you're using delta-syncrepl.

Also, for the accesslog DB, you may want to set a cachesize value.  I
haven't really experimented with that, but it could be worthwhile.

It doesn't need to be anything huge. The volume of entries in the accesslog DB is pretty much always going to be much smaller than the main DB.
--
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com