Re: delta-syncrepl contextCSN update timing, schema checking

--On Thursday, May 01, 2008 1:46 PM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

In delta-syncrepl the refresh is coming from the log, and unless somebody
has been explicitly mucking around in the log DB, the entries will always
be returned in order, so it's possible to update the contextCSN after
each entry has been received. But it's up to the provider to send the
cookie with each entry in this case, and the syncprov overlay doesn't
really know the difference between delta-sync and regular sync, so it
doesn't do it.

You could file an ITS for this, but I don't think we'll be changing this
in 2.3.

Unless the log doesn't exist yet, or we've run into one of those fun cases where the replica needs to request a re-sync (like the hotslapcat scenario recently addressed). Then delta-sync goes into the refresh mode, so I'm assuming we need to still differentiate that in syncprov someway.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer