Re: Add attribute with static value to search results

Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

> Those items are intentionally omitted; collect.c is a piece of demo code and
> is not intended for real use. In fact, it's intended for exactly what you've
> done - modifying it to fit a real use, and teaching how overlays are written.

I tend to be unconfortable with running with such custom code, because
it can be troublesome to maintain through OpenLDAP updates, if the API
used by the overlay changes.

Is there a set of stable API that an overlay can use without the fear to
break on the next update?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz