Re: Fail to write in slave during replication

Jacky Wu wrote:
Dear Sellers,

Thank you. Yes, it is the ACL problem. When I set following access on both master and slave

access to *
   by * write

The attribute userpassword is replicated to slave.

But the change in the slave still cannot be replicated to master, and the slave does not change either. Still no error or exception is reported.

I want to add following ldif:
dn: ou=groups,dc=mycompany,dc=com
objectclass: organizationalunit
ou: groups

I used the 16512 debug level, but I do not find any exception in slave. the slave slapd.log shows:
Apr 25 08:41:57 slave slapd[29230]: conn=1 op=0 BIND dn="uid=myname,dc=mycompany,dc=com" mech=SIMPLE ssf=0
Apr 25 08:41:57 slave slapd[29230]: conn=1 op=1 ADD dn="ou=groups,dc=mycompany,dc=com"
Apr 25 08:41:57 slave slapd[29230]: conn=1 op=1 RESULT tag=105 err=10 text=

Like in your first post, it's not an error, it's a referral:

>>     The following is the running result:
>>     ****************************************************************
>>     modifying entry "uid=testuser,dc=mycompany,dc=com"
>>     ldapmodify: Referral (10)
>>             referrals:
>>                     ldap://master:389/uid=testuser,dc=mycompany,dc=com

The slave doesn't take writes, it refers the client to the Master. "I don't accept writes, speak to ldap://master:389/uid=testuser,dc=mycompany,dc=com"; etc.

You can use slapo-chain to send writes back to the master from the slave, or use MirrorMode or N-Way Multimaster.

What are you trying to achieve with your current network layout?

-- Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
OpenLDAP Engineering Team.

E ghenry@OpenLDAP.org