Re: Fail to write in slave during replication

Dear Aaron,

Thanks your testing method.

The ACL for both master and slave is:
access to *
   by * write

I tried to modify the master in slave by the "-h master", and it succeeded!
Command: ldapadd -x -f /group.ldif -D uid=myname,dc=mycompany,dc=com -w secret -h master.server

group.ldif is:
dn: ou=groups,dc=ufreight,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: groups

It succeeded in adding group.ldif to master. After the master changes, the group.ldif also replicates to slave.

Then I delete the group.ldif, and tried to add it to slave:
Command: ldapadd -x -f /group.ldif -D uid=myname,dc=mycompany,dc=com -w secret
adding new entry "ou=groups,dc=mycompany,dc=com"
ldapadd: Referral (10)

Although slave reports that it refer the group.ldif to master, master received nothing about group.ldif. Neither master or slave add the group.ldif.

How to set up referral in slave?  I only use following directive. Is this right?
updateref ldap://master:389

How can I trace the referral? Thank you.

Best regards,