Re: attribute size limit?

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 08:22:56AM +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Would be a nice feature for slapo-constraint. Maybe an additional
> <size> parameter limiting the number of bytes for BLOB attributes or
> number of character in case of character-based string syntaxes. And
> maybe a limit for the <number> of attribute values for multi-valued
> attributes.

size can already be obtained this way:

# Reject jpegPhoto bigger than 128k
overlay constraint
constraint_attribute jpegPhoto ^.\{0,131072\}$

While it will provide the functionnality, how bad is it on the performance
front? Is it usable on a production system?

And while it is still uneffective against an attacker that injects data
in a multivalued attribute. But I doubt a user could do that by mistake,
at least.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org