Re: fast slapcat and slow slapadd

--On Tuesday, April 15, 2008 11:30 PM +0200 Piotr Wadas <pwadas@jewish.org.pl> wrote:

Hello, Using openldap 2.3.38 on 2.6.24 with bdb/hdb backend.

I got about 12-13 000 entries in my directory.
Slapcat takes seconds, while slapadd takes 15 minutes or more.
Is there any way to speed it up, which I've missed?

I suggest reading the man page for slapadd, and look at the options available.

I suggest reading the various documentation on properly tuning DB_CONFIG to the size of your database.

I suggest reading the man page for slapd.conf and look at the options relating to the slap* tools.

All of these things contain information that can help you decrease the amount of time it takes to slapadd the database. Assuming you don't have a massive amount of indexing and sane disks, it should take less than a minute or two to slapadd your DB on the worst case.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer