Re: insecure, convenient use of SSL

On Friday 11 April 2008 01:42:30 Jason Dusek wrote:
>  I'd like to set up LDAP command line tools to point to a server
>  -- say localhost -- that has a certificate with an arbitrary
>  name in it -- say `my-domain.com`.
>
>  I'm not entirely sure how to my LDAP tools to do that, though
>  -- or if it's possible. By default, OpenLDAP is wound up pretty
>  tight.

Either:
1)Add an entry to /etc/hosts so that the name on the certificate resolves to
the correct IP address, and always use the name on any connection where you
want certificate validation
or
2)Add
TLS_REQCERT allow
to the OpenLDAP ldap.conf. If you are using anything besides OpenLDAP software
(nss_ldap,pam_ldap) be aware that their configuration is not identical ...

Regards,
Buchan