Re: Backup and bdb-logfile removal

Gavin Henry wrote:
I can see that I can delete unused log files (db_archive [no options]) from the backup. But when is it safe to remove log files from the active environment?

Let auto-archive do that for you.

Ok.. then I guess, I'm confused by the repeated warnings like:

"To have them removed automatically, place set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE directive in DB_CONFIG. Note that if the log files are removed automatically, recovery after a catastrophic failure is likely to be impossible."

and:

"Automatic log file removal is likely to make catastrophic recovery impossible."

How to remove log files without making catastropic recovery impossible ?

regards,
Peter