Re: Weird SASL thing

Michael Ströder wrote:
Rick Stevens wrote:
 From the script:
    ldapadd -U root -w 'FuNkyP@sswd' -f /tmp/userdata.ldif
[..]
ldapadd -U root -w 'FuNkyP@sswd' -f /tmp/userdata.ldif

Maybe different handling of the single quotes around the password in your user shell and the script's shell? Just a wild guess though.

Well, I'm doing the single quotes to hide any special characters (the actual password contains a bang ("!") in it). Both the command script and the command line shell are bash, so I can't see anything odd there.

- Rick Stevens, Unix Geek                          rps2@socal.rr.com -
-  Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a  -
-                              rigged demo.                          -