Re: restricting slapd memory consumption

Ralf Narozny wrote:
Hi,

Pierangelo Masarati schrieb:
Buchan Milne wrote:

/me notes that it would be nice to have more detail on the entry cache available via back-monitor, such as the number of entries in the cache, and the amount of entry cache that is used ...

Something like

bash-3.1$ ldapsearch -x -H ldap://:9011 -b 'cn=Databases,cn=Monitor' \
    '(objectclass=olmBDBDatabase)' @olmBDBDatabase

I configured the slapd to create a monitor, but the information you want is not present.

Maybe I missed something to configure, but the manual is not too thouroughly written by now ;-)

database monitor
rootdn         "cn=root,cn=monitor"
rootpw         {SSHA}...

ldapsearch -D 'cn=root,cn=monitor' -W -b 'cn=Databases,cn=Monitor' 'objectclass=*' '*' '+'

(as far as I understood, this should show all data for the entries below cn=Databases,cn=Monitor')

Well, that information is only available since OpenLDAP 2.4; I infer you're using an earlier distribution. In any case, the monitor has nothing to do with the entry cache configuration, it only shows the current usage. Refer to slapd.conf or back-config for what is configured for your system.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.