syncrepl with accesslog database

I'm trying to replicate (with syncrepl) the bdb database generated by the
accesslog overlay. This is with 2.3.41 on both provider and consumer. slapd
complains:

do_syncrep2: rid 002 got empty syncUUID
do_syncrepl: rid 002 retrying (29 retries left)

Sure enough, the entry for my accesslog database's suffix doesn't have an
entryUUID:

dn: cn=log
objectClass: auditContainer
cn: log
structuralObjectClass: auditContainer
contextCSN: 20080313163024Z#000000#00#000000

lastmod is not explicitly enabled for this database, but slapd.conf(5) says
the default is on. I'm reasonably sure I didn't specify 'lastmod off' for
that database at the time it would have been created.

Given that my consumers are using delta-syncrepl (hence the accesslog), is
there any reason I can't/shouldn't replicate the accesslog itself, too?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm@horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,