Re: ppolicy: invalid value for attributeType pwAttribute -- for "userPassword"

On Feb 23, 2008, at 3:11 AM, Dieter Kluenter wrote:

Chris Shenton <chris.shenton@nasa.gov> writes:

I'm running 2.3.39 and using ppolicy to enforce our password
policy. Got an LDIF file:

dn: cn=npg2810,ou=policies,dc=nasascience,dc=nasa,dc=gov
cn: npg2810
objectClass: top
objectClass: pwdPolicy
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: pwdPolicyChecker
pwdAttribute:                   userPassword

pwdAttribute value should contain the OID of attribute type userpassword,
which is 2.5.4.35

Thanks, that got me going. I could swear I used "userPassword" in a previous version of OpenLDAP.

Perhaps the docs and LDIF file should mention that you need to use the OID rather than the name?
Both the man page for slapo-ppolicy and draft-behera-ldap-password- policy-xx.txt say "userPassword".

Thanks.