Re: ppolicy: invalid value for attributeType pwAttribute -- for "userPassword"

Dieter Kluenter skrev, on 23-02-2008 09:11:

I'm running 2.3.39 and using ppolicy to enforce our password
policy. Got an LDIF file:

dn: cn=npg2810,ou=policies,dc=nasascience,dc=nasa,dc=gov
cn: npg2810
objectClass: top
objectClass: pwdPolicy
objectClass: organizationalRole
objectClass: pwdPolicyChecker
pwdAttribute:                   userPassword

pwdAttribute value should contain the OID of attribute type userpassword, which is 2.5.4.35

Well, it works (now, it didn't the first time) with userPassword on my (production) rigs, too. Both should work, but if I (now) put the OID value into the ldif, it magically gets transformed into the string userPassword.

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw