Re: slapd does not answer in time

Quanah Gibson-Mount writes:
> --On Friday, February 22, 2008 11:50 AM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com>
> wrote:
>
>> But in a situation where you have many slow operations (such as a
>> complete syncrepl refresh on a large DB) you need more threads, just as
>> Ando recommended.
>
> I'm still quite skeptical given what I've seen in the past. ;)

I've mentioned before that yanking up 'threads' in slapd.conf did help
at our site some years ago.  Fewer requests took abnormally long time
that way.  (Possibly more threads degraded the _average_ response time,
but that was fast enough anyway.)

Some server stats, maybe we were half as big/active then: 60-90 new
connections and 300-500 requests per second. (Just samples just now and
a few other times).  Can exceed 6000 concurrent connections.  340000
entries.  5 bdb databases, though we used ldbm back then.

--
Hallvard