Re: Write changed immediately to disk

Hello,

ml@bortal.de wrote:
In my case i add a samba user to my ldap DB, then after 15 seconds i reset that box by pressing the reset button.
After the box has rebootet the added user is not there anymore.

So i am not quite sure if its really writing to disk streight away.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree: Could it be that your operating system hasn't committed ('sync'ed) it's filesystem write cache?

Maybe you can instruct BDB to sync after each change, or you can instruct your operating system not to cache writes on that particular file system.

bye
Christian
--
Christian Marg                    mail  : mailto:marg@rz.tu-clausthal.de