Re: syncrepl with more that one database

--On February 14, 2008 1:33:12 AM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

James Hartley wrote:
ok now I have two opinions.

Software isn't operated on opinions. The facts are as I stated them.

Has any one successfully completed
replication of multiple backends.

Thousands of times.

If so which answer is correct.

use a separate rid for each backend on the same server OR
use only one rid for both backends on one server.

Each rid in a server must be unique.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how you got that there were two different opinions... Both Howard and I stated that each rid must be unique in the server, I just missed that it was possible to have more than one syncrepl statement in a given DB definition.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer