Mirror Mode replication

Hi,

I am trying to setup and test the mirror mode replication using OpenLDAP
2.4.7.  I setup a very simple test with two hosts running OpenLDAP servers
(host openldap1 (port 1389) and host openldap2 (port 2389)).  I set up the
replication in the slapd.conf file so that openldap1 replicates to
openldap2 and vice versa.  I specified 'mirrormode on' for both hosts.  I
have not been able to get the simple mirrormode replication test to work.

My test consisted of the following:
1.  Both openldap hosts start with an empty database
2.  Added a user on openldap1 using ldap_add
3.  Waited a few minutes to ensure the new user was replicated to host
openldap2.  This was successful.
4.  Added a second user and modified an attribute of the first user on host
openldap1.  This was successful.
5.  After a few minutes, the 2nd user and the attribute change was removed
from host openldap1.

Since this very basic test failed, I am certain that I have misunderstood
the configuration or setup of mirrormode replication.  I would appreciate
if someone could point out my configuration error.

I have included the parts of the slapd.conf file where replication is
configured.

Host openldap1(port 1389) contains the following in its slapd.conf file:

overlay syncprov

syncrepl rid=1
provider=ldap://openldap2:2389
type=refreshOnly
interval=00:00:05:00
searchbase="dc=domain,dc=com"
bindmethod=simple
binddn="cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com"
credentials=secret
retry="60 +"

mirrormode on

Host openldap2(port 2389) contains the following in its slapd.conf file:

overlay syncprov

syncrepl rid=2
provider=ldap://openldap1:1389
type=refreshOnly