Re: [JunkMail] Re: Server side delay for bad passwords?

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Dan White writes:
I'm planning on allowing public access to my OpenLDAP server for
address book access. I'm only planning to allow authenticated
access, both via simple binds and SASL binds, not anonymously.
(...)
But I'd like to enforce a server side delay of, for example, 5
seconds.

Several seconds' delay? Your users would murder you. Except the ones who didn't know LDAP already and just concluded that LDAP is crap.

User-friendliness aside, have a look at slapo-retcode.

--
  -- Howard Chu