Re: large ldap server recommendation

On Sunday 03 February 2008 09:06:02 Count Of Dracula wrote:
> I guess RH does not want to promote OpenLDAP as *the* directory server
> or identity management solution. They want to force RHDS for it.
>
> One sign of their inking is FreeIPA project.
>
> http://www.freeipa.org/

I note that with OpenLDAP, Heimdal, sudo with LDAP support, eash, FreeRADIUS
and tac_plus I already have everything (and more) in their roadmap targeting
August 2008, except for "AD Sync" (for which there is a patch, but I
personally have some requirements I haven't had the time to hack onto it)
and "Machine policy" (but our company mandates proprietary software to do
this on all OS platforms anyway).

Right, I don't (yet) have a GUI for all of this (I was working on DNS and DHCP
maintenance in LDAP last time I had time ...), but I will soon.

Regards,
Buchan