Re: OpenLDAP system architecture?

--On Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:10 PM -0600 Brad Knowles <b.knowles@its.utexas.edu> wrote:

On the SunFire x4100 servers I used to have, I could easily obtain some
23,000+ reads/second with OpenLDAP 2.3 on a single server.

But that's reads only, right? Do you have any sense for what kind of performance you might see in a balanced 50/50 or even a write-heavy environment?

I'd use back-hdb for a case like that, but I haven't spent much time tracking that type of performance hit, as LDAP applications are usually READ intensive.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer