Re: Options of OpenLDAP 2.3.3x configure

disable-passwd/enable-passwd are for back-passwd. There's a slapd-passwd(5) man page for documentation.

"cleartext" and "spasswd" are password hashing schemes. The cleartext hash scheme does exactly what it sounds like, i.e. {CLEARTEXT}password for credentials of "password".

The spasswd scheme allows the use of SASL for simple binds. Basically, if you have userPassword: {SASL}uid@REALM.EXAMPLE.COM, then you get the same result as "testsaslauthd -s slapd -r REALM.EXAMPLE.COM -u uid -p password." {SASL} is the scheme implemented with --enable-spasswd.