Re: dynlist how to

Hello,

Looking at the manpage, it looks like if you want to populate the member
attribute with dn's, you leave the attribute in the ldap url blank.
i.e.:

memberURL: ldap:///ou=People,dc=example,dc=com??sub?(objectClass=person)

not

memberURL:
ldap:///ou=People,dc=example,dc=com?entryDN?sub?(objectClass=person)

Yes, I read the man page, except that I never search with a filter that request an objectClass, the empty attribute does not work also, I try it before my first post.
Like Pierangelo suggestion, I start the upgrade this evening (if possible with testing packages or tomorrow if a local build are needed).

Regards

Guy

"The  value  <member-ad>  is  optional;  if  present, the overlay
 behaves as a dynamic group: this attribute will list the	DN  of
 the  entries  resulting from the internal search.  In this case,
 the <attrs> portion of the URI must be absent, and  the  DNs  of
 all  the	entries  resulting  from  the expansion of the URI are
 listed as values of this attribute."

Granted, I'm looking at the man page for 2.4 and you are running 2.3,
but I'm assuming the behaviour hasn't changed that much between these
versions (I could be wrong).

- Jeff