Re: slap_sl_malloc failed, using ch_malloc

--On Sunday, December 30, 2007 2:33 PM -0800 Marcel Chastain <marcel.chastain@gmail.com> wrote:

On Dec 29, 2007 11:44 PM, Tony Earnshaw <tonni@hetnet.nl> wrote:

1: Did you know that 2.4.7 has been available for quite some time now?
It might be as well to install this on the provider and at least one
consumer to ascertain that the fault still occurs with this version;

I recall reading somewhere that upgrading to 2.4.7 requires a full
re-import or re-index, and I'm running with about a million records.

However, looking through the changelog, I see that the fixes in 2.4.7 are
pretty significant, and I'm working on upgrading now.

No, it requires reindexing any attribute that uses the integer matching rules. Note that in OpenLDAP 2.4, you can selectively re-index only the attributes you are interested in updating the indices for. So you can do something like:

slapindex -q -t <attr1> <attr2>

etc.

See the examples section of:

<http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=slapindex&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=OpenLDAP+2.4-Release&format=html>